10.7.14

Everything Will Be All White



Steph About Town Hampstead London

At the weekend we headed to up north to Hampstead for the Hamstead Summer Festival. Hampstead is already a gorgeous neighbourhood and this street festival just made it even nicer to wander around. In an attempt to embrace summer I went for all white. These jeans are my go-to summer item now, so much love for white jeans.

Steph About Town Hampstead London

Just to keep it interesting and add some colour, I brought the green bag! Perfect summer colour.

Shirt: Zara
Jeans: Topshop
Shoes: Converse
Sunglasses: Ray-ban


Steph About Town Hampstead London

So the festival was great, food stalls, music, yadda yadda, blah blah - THERE WERE BIRDS OF PREY. Now normally I hate birds, I get the fear. It's the flapping. If eyes are the windows to the soul, than birds have dark souls, void of emotion, and full of malicious intent to poop on everyone, and peck their eyes out. Birds are creepy is what I'm saying.

Boobook owl

But look at the baby owl! She's so cute! Julie's spirit animal is the owl, and she was in her element with this Boobook owl. This is the look of owl induce euphoria.

Boobook owl

And their heads do turn backwards! Super cute sightly demonic birds... But wait until you hear the chirruping sounds this little boobook makes - watch the video and prepare to squeal at the cuteness.

Boobook owl



Hybrid Falcon

I was more infatuated with this one. This is a white hybrid falcon. I think I like birds of prey because mum would always point out hawks at home and she likes them. In New Zealand there were so many hawks I started a daily hawk count and would randomly shout out 'HAWK' every time I saw one (which would go much like this), because I'm cool like that.

Hybrid Falcon

Harris Hawk
Harris Hawk
No one was supervising this one and we were to afraid to touch it, but it was so fluffy.

Harris Hawk

Hampstead Festival

A trip to Hampstead would not be complete without a trip to La Crêperie de Hampstead. You can tell by the queue and the fact it has been a fixture since 1980 that this place is good. The crêpe caravan of heaven is found just off Hampstead High Street beside the King William IV pub. They do both sweet and savoury to keep everyone happy, but all I really care about is chocolate so no surprises what I got!

La Crêperie de Hampstead

A dark chocolate hazelnut crunch, admittedly you can't see any chocolate because it is buried inside where when I came across it, it unexpectedly spilled out all over me. I was a mess by the end of it, but a delighted mess all the same.

La Crêperie de Hampstead

Bonus points for accidentally matching my polish to the logo.

About Town This Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment