29.5.14

Scotland Yard


I recently picked up these white jeans from Topshop and have been trying to find the right time to wear them. I brought them to Edinburgh with me for some reason, under the delusion that perhaps it would be sunny, or at least dry in Scotland. I mean really, what was I thinking, I should know better by now. But there was one day that was somewhat passable and I took my chance and squeezed into them for a lunch outing. Squeezing into jeans for lunch is also a stupid idea. 

Topshop Jamie Jeans and Allsaints tan leather biker from Steph About Town


Topshop Jamie Jeans and Allsaints tan leather biker from Steph About Town


It's only when you put something that's actually white next to your cons do you realise it's time to buy new ones, because yours are now nondescript shade of greige...


Topshop Jamie Jeans and Allsaints tan leather biker from Steph About Town



Steph About Town Blog


Topshop Jamie Jeans and Allsaints tan leather biker from Steph About Town

This was the point where I saw a puppy and got distracted, so we just gave up on photos. But you can see the floral detail on this blouse, which I completely love. It goes with pretty much everything, so I'm going to wear it to death all summer, as long as the weather get's it's act together that is.

Jacket: Allsaints
Shirt: Topshop
Blouse: Topshop
Jeans: Topshop

I really need to shop elsewhere, this is getting ridiculous.

So yes, lunch. We headed to the West End to Indigo Yard. Part of the Montpelier group, Indigo Yard is on a quiet side street, on Charlotte Lane, but during lunch is bustling and busy inside, which speaks to how good the food and drinks are. They do typical gastropub type food but have a varied enough menu that you could definitely find something you like. 

Indigo Yard Edinburgh

Indigo Yard Edinburgh

Indigo Yard Edinburgh

Lunch was an Orkney beef burger with fries & tomato chutney for me, and asparagus and pea risotto with shaved Parmesan for the sister. It was exactly what we needed, good proper delicious sustenance! The food won't amaze, that's not the point, but it will not disappoint. What will amaze are the drinks - they have a bigger drinks menu than the food one. With an extensive craft beer section to keep any beer fan happy - and they have ale and stout from the Franciscan Well in Cork! So it's a little taste of home, or well it would be if I actually liked beer... 

Indigo Yard Edinburgh





About Town This Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment