23.2.14

London Fashion Weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014


So I was back at London Fashion Weekend again. The little sister to London Fashion week it's a chance for those not in the industry to get a taste of the good life, well sort of. Somerset House turns itself into a maze of boutiques surround a catwalk. This year I was lucky enough to get a press pass so I popped along on Saturday for the Trend and Julien MacDonald shows and a bit of shopping. 

First up was the Trend show. This was a low down on the need to know trends for SS14, which are already in stores so no doubt you've already seen them; metals, florals, lace and sports. They've been around for a while but they're continuing to grow and it's all about changing up the styling. This year the Trend shows were styled by the Outnet.com and they nailed it, everything was unique, wearable and importantly realistic, no Boris Bikes and crazy head pieces this year.

Warning: Before we hit the photos I have to apologise because they suck. I couldn't be bothered carting around my camera so it was iPhone all the way and trying not to get someones topknot in my shot was a challenge. Also anything pale in colour did not photograph well with all the flashes and lights but I tried, for you.

Summing it up concisely - shows were good, shopping was bad! I'll explain after the jump...  




First up was Precious Metals.

Moving away from the metal tones of gold, silver and bronze this season metals are more vibrant with jewel hues. Maybe this gold skirt is a fluke but it's making my life. I need it.

london fashion weekend 2014
This gold skirt is making me weak at the knees

Flower Power.

Who doesn't love florals? They are a classic print and look all the better with an edge like this seasons twist.

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014



Lace Embrace.

So if you know me, you know I love lace. Any colour, any size, I'm a lace lover, and this makes me oh so happy.

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014
This. This just. Love.
london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

Good Sport.

Get your Nike and New Balance out, sport luxe is back.

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014
One of my favourite colour combinations!

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014


So straight after the show I went to a talk on In Praise of Blogging with Remotely Fashion in the Vodafone Lounge. The girls, Miriam and Siobhan, were so lovely and funny. They basically went though their experiences with blogging and probably my favourite bit was went they talked about "coming out as a blogger" and how people respond; yes it's weird, I know!


After the talk was Julien MacDonald. His dresses, and he only does dresses, the MacDonald woman does not wear trousers, are always barely there and embellished to the max. These are obviously not for real women in real life but they are beautiful on the catwalk and in front of the cameras. This was introduced by Hilary "the legend" Alexander and the host of the weekend Angela Scanlon, who was excellent this year.

london fashion weekend 2014
This guys bald head could not have been bigger or in a worse position... 
london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014
What what! 
To sum it up the shows were brilliant but for me the shopping is just a disaster zone. I saw a few pieces I'd like but you know in Christmas sales when you're in a small hot space and the store is rammed with confused women so desperate for a bargain their eyes have glazed over? Yeah I hate that, I'm never going to buy anything because I'm so annoyed with everyone in the vicinity. I mean the rooms are small and I swear it's like every woman wandering vacantly around there checked her brain at the door. One woman actually tried to walk through me, like lady I know I'm pale but I'm not actually a ghost, you do still have to say excuse me. Some people even dragged their children around. CHILDREN. They are a health and safety hazard here and do not belong. I got so annoyed I threw a snarky 'excuse me' laced with venom at a child, which was not the kids fault. It was her mother's for dragging her to this cattle mart of bitches and not keeping her on a leash. I just can't with the crowds, I don't care that much about sale shopping. But aside from that minor annoyance, it was a fun day, maybe I'll see you there next year! (Don't bring your kids) x

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014

london fashion weekend 2014
Random birds in the stairwell because why not  
london fashion weekend 2014
Scalp braids at label.m - amazing

And in case you were wondering (I know you were) here's what I wore…

Leather Trousers: Kate Bosworth for Topshop
Boots: Isabel Marant for H&M 
Necklace: Topshop

About Town This Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment