4.1.14

The Lakers

[Tomarata Lake]

picnic by lake tomarata new zealand

picnic by lake tomarata new zealand

picnic by lake tomarata new zealand


I'm very much playing catch up after a hectic 3 weeks during which I left New Zealand, spent 4 days in London, then a week in Edinburgh for Christmas, next up a week in Ireland for New Years, and am now back to London where I have to entirely start my life again from scratch. No problem right! I was non-stop crazy for December. 

You'll have to bear with me as I throw together a bunch of posts from my final few weeks in NZ. They will probably not be in chronological order as I can't remember at the moment so… 

This one time Suz and I went to the lake. We picnicked (with an authentic vintage picnic basket!) & took photos, it was delightful! She took most of the photos and well, they were all of me. Awkward.

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson




Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Now I am not opposed to having my photo taken, obviously, and at the age of 26 I have perfected a specific set of acceptable photo faces for candids, as have all girls. If they claim otherwise then I call shenanigans. Every girl has a photo face. I've also got my blog appropriate stances which include:  

1. Straight on, leg bent, arms just hanging there. Standard nonchalant.
2. Faux walking - 'oh what a camera, I  almost didn't see you there.'
3. No full on smiles. Pretend you don't care about how awesome you look.

So when Susan said "stand by that tree & do something" I did my limited repertoire of poses & thought we were done... Then she said "okay do something else, like smile Steph." I did my things, what more do you want from me?! I've read so many of those magazine articles with rules on posing, you know the ones where by the end you're meant to be comparable to Coco Rocha. I tried to deploy everything I'd learnt all at once. There was so much running through my head I could barely stand up straight. Stomach in, shoulders back, no shoulders down, hand on hip, elbow down, long neck (thanks Tyra!), one leg in front of the other, one leg bent, tongue pressed to roof of mouth, SMIZE for God's sake, why is my hair awful today? WHAT WOULD CARA DO? 

Safe to say I turned into a veritable ball of crazy awkward. The fact that she managed to get even a few good shots is a commendation of how good a photographer she is.

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Stephanie Lauren photography by Susan Henderson

Also if anyone would like this French Connection dress it is free to a good home. Having seen these photos my immediate thought was 'Girl that is not your dress!' I'm such a sucker for stripes.

Round of applause for Suz. Check out her website and blog through the links! xx 

About Town This Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment