10.12.13

Closer Each Day...

[Home and Away]

summer bay palm beach

I took a quick day trip from Sydney up to Palm Beach where legendary Aussie soap Home and Away is filmed. This soap is part of every Irish kids history. I have no idea why it's so popular in Ireland but I'm very thankful for it. That never-changing theme tune brings back childhood memories like nothing else. 

I mean remember this?


Shannon, Jesse, Shane and Angel, Vinnie, Gypsy, MARILYN AND FISHER!? And my all time favourite, Chloe Richards. Do you remember when there was that big storm and Sam was stuck on the car and Michael jumped in to save him and Micheal DIED? I hated Sam from then on. Sam was such an idiot. Remember Alf's son Duncan, remember how much of an ass he turned into, Alisa would never have stood for that. Her ghost should have come back to straighten that boy out.

Okay I think you get it. Home and Away throughout the late 80s and 90s was the greatest show to ever exist. It's since gone down hill, I tried getting back into it over here (so I could recognise any of the actors should I meet them) but it's not the same anymore. I don't know who anyone is and frankly I don't want to. The one thing that doesn't change is the beach. It's exactly what you see on screen, beautiful.

summer bay palm beach

summer bay palm beach
How many characters have broken up by these trees?

summer bay palm beach
The surf club (not actually) is not as nice as it seems on screen...

summer bay palm beach


summer bay palm beach

summer bay palm beach

summer bay palm beach

summer bay palm beach

summer bay palm beach

summer bay palm beach

As I walked along the beach I quickly realised the majority of people there were Irish. All of us sitting out absorbing the soap history, the sun, and slowly turning pink burning in the Aussie sun. As much as we love it, we're not built to deal with it.

About Town This Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment