5.10.13

Nature Girl

One thing is for sure about New Zealand, there's a whole lot of nature around here. Having fled Ireland and spent the last two years in London it's safe to say I'm not the most outdoorsy type girl. Okay no, I like the outdoors, until it rains, so New Zealand and I are getting on like an awkward first date.


We came across a starfish massacre on Omaha beach. The whole beach was littered with dead starfish, starfish graveyard... Spent the whole walk worried I'd step on one and it wouldn't be dead.


leigh_new_zealand_beach

Along with the dead starfish was a dead sponge. SpongeBob and Patrick Star are no more. And apparently Bikini Bottom is off the coast of North Island!

leigh_new_zealand_beach


I also went to New Zealand one and only reptile park, where you could put your fingers through the cages to the alligators but were warned to stay behind the barrier at the monkey enclosure, as monkeys may bite.

leigh_new_zealand_reptile_park_monkey

 What particularly terrified me at the reptile park was when I rounded the corner to said monkey enclosure and saw what I thought were two fast-moving, brown, fluffy lizards running up fences towards us, because WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS AT A REPTILE PARK?!


leigh_new_zealand_reptile_park_monkey

But they were the best thing about this random little park, especially this little monkey who likes raising his eyebrows which only reminded me of this guy every time.

leigh_new_zealand_reptile_park_monkey

But better than the Nicholas Cage monkey was Rosie the sheep. She is the cutest sheep I've ever met, like hugging the softest fuzzy sweater that thinks it's a puppy.

leigh_new_zealand_sheep

leigh_new_zealand_sheep

leigh_new_zealand_cat

leigh_new_zealand_plants_gardening

leigh_new_zealand_plants_gardening

About Town This Week...

No comments:

Post a Comment